Skirt steak is a beautiful piece of meat for fajitas, Mexican street tacos, stir-fry, and even salads. You can serve it as the main dish and add roasted potatoes and vegetables on the side or serve it up with rice.
There are several ways to marinate a skirt steak including soy sauce, Worcester sauce, olive oil, and lemon. My newest way to season my steak is smothering it in a chipotle butter that takes a few minutes to make but brings a whole new level to your dish.
- 2lb skirt steak
- 3TBSP olive oil
- 4TBSP unsalted butter
- 1TSP Goya Sazon Total (The Perfect Seasoning)
- 1 7oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Blend your chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with a splash of water. Combine 1/2 cup of the blended peppers with your unsalted butter.
- Rub your skirt steak with olive oil and chipotle mixture (save some for later) and season all over with Sazon Total.
- Place your cast iron skillet in your oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and drizzle with oil, set your stove to a high setting and add your steak. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until you get a nice browning. Return skillet to oven and cook for another 10-15minutes depending on how you prefer it cooked. We like ours medium-well.
- Move the steak to a platter, add the remaining butter mixture and cover for 10 minutes. Slice the steak just before serving.