Spaghetti and meatballs is a classic. We all have our own way of enjoying it, some people prefer preparing their own special recipe at home while others have a favorite restaurant or family members home they go to. I personally enjoy creating my own. I spent quite some time perfecting my sauce and my meatball recipe. It took some time but I got the hang of it. It’s a hit with my family and hopefully it will be yours too!
- 2 lbs ground Turkey
- 2 eggs
- 2 packed crushed, unsalted saltine crackers
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2tbsp Adobo
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1tbsp onion powder
Tomato Sauce Recipe:
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp Adobo
- 1 tsp garlic and onion powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- Heat up olive oil in a frying pan.
2. Empty ground turkey into bowl and combine with two eggs.
3. Add all of your ingredients including your crushed crackers and spices and mix well. Don’t mix the meat too much or you will make it tough.
4. Now in a separate pan heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil and add your can of crushed tomatoes
5. When the sauce is boiling, add all of your spices, lower the heat to a simmer, and cover.
6. Scoop out 2 tbsp of the meat and roll it into a ball and place onto a sheet pan. This helps make the crying process easier.
7. Add a few meatballs to the pan and fry on each side for a few mins.
8. Place the cooked meatballs onto a tissue to soak up excess oil.
9. Now you can add your meatballs and sauce to your cooked spaghetti! You can even top it with some Parmesan cheese 🙂
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family does. It’s simple but delicious!