In less than an hour you can make your own burger buns! These buns are soft, fluffy, and delicious. Most of these ingredients are items you have on hand, why not give it a try and bake some buns tonight 🙂
- Two packets of instant yeast (4tsp)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or equal parts bread flour)
- 1TSP salt
- 3TBSP sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup and 2TBSP warm water
- 1 whole egg
- 2TBSP almond milk (or any milk)
- 2TBSP Sesame seeds
- Combine instant yeast and warm water (110 degrees) in a large bowl. Add your melted butter and sugar and set aside.
- In a separate bowl measure and soft your flour and add salt.
- Whisk the egg into the yeast solution.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry until well combined. Once combined use a spatula to clean the sides and knead the dough for 5-6 minutes or until smooth and supple. Do not let the dough rise.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces and shape into round dough balls. If using a regular knife, you can’t dust it with flour so it doesn’t stick to the dough.
- Please the dough balls on a greased baking sheet or silicone mat. Cover the dough with a kitchen towel for 12 minutes and let rise.
- Whisk your egg and almond milk mixture to create an egg wash. After 12 minutes brush the dough with wash and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- If dough is sticky, continue adding a little flour until it’s more manageable.
- Measure the temperature of your water, anything above 110 degrees will kill your yeast, remember it’s a living organism.
- Store your dough in an airtight cobrained at room temperature up to a week, they can be frozen for a month.